Griffin-Owens Insurance 703.471.0050  
  Home About Us Get A Quote Carriers Customer Service Contact Us
Get a Quote
Interested In
Zip Code
Get A Quote Quick Links Auto Insurance Homeowners Insurance Business Insurance Life & Health Insurance

Condominium Insurance

Condominium Insurance Information

Condominium Unit Owners Insurance is one of the most overlooked and most important insurance policies a unit owner should have.  Many unit owners in Northern Virginia mistakenly believe that they will have coverage for a loss under the Master Insurance policy provided by the Association.  Unfortunately, that is only partly true.  The Master Policy provides coverage for the Association primarily.  It may provide some coverage for a unit owner but only for items listed in the Association By Laws.
The Master Policy generally will not provide coverage for the unit owners personal property, provide coverage for additional living expenses or provide coverage for bodily injury or property damage liability incurred by the unit owner. 

Condominium Insurance  If you own a condo you need to be aware that you are exposed to loss from all of your neighbors!  If the neighbor upstairs' washing machine overflows causing you to experience water damage in your unit, you may have to pay for it.  Most people think that if someone else causes the loss that they are responsible.  That is not necessarily so in a Condo!  You need to protect all of your things.  The other person may or may not be negligent in causing your loss.  Plus, if they don't have insurance getting reimbursed for your loss can be tricky. 

Click here for an article that recently appeared in our blog on the subject of condominium insurance for more information.

If you own a condo in the Washington Metropolitan area we can advise you about what kind of coverage you need.  It is helpful if you dig out that old copy of the by-laws that you received when you closed on the property.  There will be a few pages dedicated to insurance in the by-laws that will be helpful in determining what limits and coverage you should have on your unit owners policy.  Give us a call at 703-471-0050 or fill out this form and write CONDO in the comments section.
  Our Site Links
Type of Insurance
Contact Info

Home Page
About Us
Our Partners
Our Blog
Map & Direction
Get A Quote
News Center
Contact Us
Insurance Glossary
On Your Side Review
Auto Insurance
Home Insurance
Life & Health Insurance
Condo Insurance
Renters Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance
Earthquake Insurance
Flood Insurance
Umbrella Insurance
847 Station Street
Herndon, VA 20170

Local: 703-471-0050
Toll Free: 11-877-333-6800
RSS FeedYouTube
Customer Service